Washington High School opened its doors to the youth of Portland’s Central Eastside from 1924 to 1981. In 2015 a revitalization project focused on restoring the exterior façade and giving new life to the building’s interior, while preserving the building’s historical integrity.
The 23,000-square-foot ground floor was revamped with new entries, allowing direct access for guests and tenants along SE Stark and SE 14th Avenue. The second, third, and fourth level classrooms were converted into 55,000 square feet of creative office space. At the heart of the building is Revolution Hall, a historic auditorium, now run by Mississippi Studios, that hosts performances and corporate events. The 2,680 square roof top deck offers panoramic views of downtown and Portland’s Eastside. In addition to being a tenant amenity, the deck can be rented for weddings and events.
The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in November 2015.